So you’re wondering about the iPhone X vs. iPhone XR. When it comes to purchasing refurbished phones, understanding the features of each model can help you decide what phone is best for your needs. While the iPhone XR is a more current model than the iPhone X, they have some features that are extremely similar. Let’s take a look at some of the similarities and differences of the iPhone X and iPhone XR.
iPhone X and iPhones XR Similarities:
- The iPhone X and XR both have FaceID that gives you the option to use facial recognition to unlock your phone, enter passwords and make online purchases.
- Both have a 7 megapixel front camera and a 12 megapixel rear camera (but not that the iPhone X has a dual lens camera with a telephoto lens that offers 10x zoom rather than 5x zoom on the iPhone XR)
- Both phone models support a lightning cable and neither have a traditional headphone jack
- Both support Qi wireless charging
- Same dust and water resistance:
- IP67 (up to 1m for 30 mins)
We’ll also mention the size and weight for both phones here because even though they ARE different, it’s not drastic. Overall the iPhone XR is going to be slightly bigger and weighs a little more.
iPhone X Size
iPhone XR Size
iPhone X and iPhones XR Differences:
- The iPhone X has a better display with higher pixel density which gives more clarity.
- The resolution on the XR is lower but the screen is actually larger (6.1 inches)
- iPhone X is powered by an A11 bionic chip but the XR was upgraded to the A12 so it shows an improvement in performance.
- The iPhone X has a standard nano SIM while the iPhone XR features dual SIM which means it has a nano SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano SIM.
- The iPhone X and iPhone XR are both offered in 64GB and 256GB but the iPhone XR is also offered in 128GB
- Colors: The iPhone X comes in Space Gray and Silver but if you’re looking for something a little more vibrant you’ve got options with the iPhone XR; which comes in Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Coral, White
Both the iPhone X and the iPhone XR are great smartphones. Overall knowing what you’re really going to use your phone for and comparing that against the model specs will give you the best idea of what model is most suitable for you. Both the iPhone X and the iPhone XR are great and strike a good balance between price and current features for Apple.