- The iPhone X has a better display with higher pixel density which gives more clarity.
- The resolution on the XR is lower but the screen is actually larger (6.1 inches).
- The iPhone X has 2 rear facing cameras (great for zoom) while the XR only has 1.
- The iPhone X and iPhone XR both have FaceID.
- iPhone X is powered by an A11 bionic chip but the XR was upgraded to the A12 so it shows an improvement in performance.
- The iPhone X has a standard nano SIM while the iPhone XR features dual SIM which means it has a nano SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano SIM.
Are the iPhone X and XR the same size?
No, The iPhone XR is larger than the iPhone X and features a larger display. The XR is also thicker than the iPhone XS. The dimensions of the two phones are below:
- iPhone XR: 150.9 mm tall, 75.7 mm wide, and 8.3 mm thick
- iPhone XS: 143.6mm tall by 70.9mm wide, and it is 7.7mm thick